Probate & Estate Administration

At Crosswhite, Crosswhite & Johnson, PLLC, our attorneys and paralegals provide excellent assistance to clients dealing with estate administration issues that range in complexity. Some of the areas we most often consult with clients include the North Carolina Probate process, simple and complex trust administration, property transfers, contested wills and caveats, testamentary special needs trust administration and intestate Estates. 

We help our clients navigate the various options in avoiding the formal probate procedures, which include spousal and children's yearly allowances, Affidavit for Collection, Summary Administration and Will substitutes. We also provide comprehensive representation, while working with a Personal Representative, in formal estate proceedings (currently assets over $20,000) in Iredell and the surrounding counties. 

We strongly suggest you contact us if a loved one has passed and you are unclear of who should receive the deceased's assets, or if there are conflicts among heirs and/or beneficiaries of an estate or trust. Also, please make an appointment with us, if the deceased owned real property, such as land or buildings, or if they were a business owner or partner. These aspects of estate administration can become serious legal issues quickly. If you need legal assistance with these types of issues, we encourage you to schedule a consultation with one of our lawyers by contacting us online or by phone at (704) 873-7233.